Wednesday 17 April 2013

ARTISTS WHO SUFFERED FOR THEIR MUSICAL SUCCESS #3

ARTISTS WHO SUFFERED FOR THEIR MUSICAL SUCCESS #3

"I wake up in the morning something don't feel right."

By the age of 2 I was already a globetrotting world citizen, having lived Morocco, Netherlands, London, and Portugal - yet originating from neither. 

I never set out to be in the music industry

My success is the by-product of my obsessions

Wanderlust, broke and full of ideas I was a Brazilian expat living in Brighton U.K during my early adulthood



"I never sleep, cos sleep is the cousin of death." Nas 1994


 GUESSED WHO I AM YET?

I had an original idea at the beginning of my my career in music, but I had no formal music training, or direction just an idea on the boundless possibilities.

When I was barely in my 20s I would use my harmonica to busk on streets for a living

In the early nineties I eventually put down my harmonica and found the the electronic digital sampler and named myself after a Stephen King novel

My music has been described as emerging eerily from the violent subconscious of my brain

I quit my photo-editing course in college to focus on my music


 GUESSED WHO I AM YET?


I have taken my recordings of sounds for my tracks from the studio to the field in order to create sound patches from the scratch

Before 2002 and after 9 years making music I only just learned to escape the routine of spending 1000 hours to find a single snare drum

I throw away 1 in 4 tracks that I create

I have once recorded more than 80 different samples in one track if you cared to pick up

"36 styles of danger." Wutang 1993
I have been up against the law in France for my music breaking the European recommend decibel level

With my musical approach I have found some PA systems around the world to struggle with the sonic range of my music

As a youngster I never made any money off my first record label

I am something of a night owl when it comes to my musical writing that I work through small hours of the night to put a track together in one block

Underrated and still unknown to many - though sales of one of my first four albums outsold Massive Attack and Bjork in the US - they, the critics have come to call me a living legend.


Now get your fucking snack on and guess who I am.  I am a baddass illbent Brazilianaire



No comments:

Post a Comment